There’s no denying, SoundCloud® has rapidly turned into the “YouTube of music discovery.” Thousands of artists and millions of fans stream, share, and comment on music on SoundCloud every day. But what do you do when a fan discovers your music on SoundCloud?
There is a little known feature that allows you to add a “Buy” button to your songs on SoundCloud player. If you have a free Nimbit account, you can easily sell downloads right from your SoundCloud Player.
Here’s a video that shows the steps created by our friends at PreSonus for Studio One users. Don’t worry, if you dont use Studio One, this will still apply to you.
Here are the steps:
1. Get the deep link for the track you want to sell from your Nimbit store by visiting your store, clicking the share button between the play button and track name, and copying the link that appears.
2. Now, go to your track on SoundCloud that you want to sell, and click the edit button. It looks like a Pencil.
3. On the “Info Page That Loads” click “Show More Options”
4. Paste your Nimbit Link in the “Buy link” field
5. Your SoundCloud Player will now display a Buy Button, check it out below. I’ve embedded the actual player for the track I used in this demo so you can see for yourself. For the purpose of the demo, I set the price for this track to free, but you can set the price in Nimbit to whatever you want or to “Name Your Price” to let fans pay what they want.
Watch the video below to learn more about Nimbit.